Alternativa 50+, o.p.s., founded in 2008, is a non-profit non-governmental organisation advocating for equal opportunities for women and men and for people of different ages in the Czech Republic and in Europe. We believe that diversity at the level of employers, organisations and in the society overall is the best way to involve different communities and to tap their talent. We also think that diversity is the most effective instrument for the prevention of discrimination.
Alternativa 50+ provides direct counselling and follow-up assistance to victims of gender, age or multiple discrimination.We specialise in counselling caregivers looking after dependents.
- We advocate for equal opportunities for people over 50 in the context of equal opportunities for women and men.
- We promote and help to implement age management strategies among employers – businesses and public administration bodies
- We provide expertise in age discrimination and age diversity issues
- We advocate for equal opportunities for young people and for inter-generational cooperation/cooperation among different age groups
- We provide legal and social counselling to people over 50
What We Offer
- Social, legal, psychological counselling and other support services
- Equal opportunity and work-life balance audits
- Educational workshops
- Educational materials and resources